Morwindl | Rising Tide
More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Wendelver Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Thunder Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Raiding orcs attacked the town to take control of the mine. Only recently have people resettled the area into a rough-and-tumble frontier town – the rumors of buried riches too great a temptation to resist. The ruined town of Ornthalas up the mountain provides access to a steady supply of timber used in wealthy construction projects.
- Thunder Cave, containing the lost mine of the Wendelver Pact, may have been discovered by the Opalbelly brothers (source: Sildar Hallwinter)
- The redbrands have been allowed to terrorize the town, and Harbin Wester, the townmaster, has done nothing to curtail them (source: Toblen Stonehill).
- Sister Garaele, who eversees the Shrine of Luck, recently left town for a few days, then returned wounded and exhausted (source: Narth, an old farmer).
- Daran Edermath, the orchard keeper, is a former adventurer (source: Elsa, a gossipy barmaid).
- Orc raiders have been seen on the Triboard Trail. The townmaster is looking for someone to run them off (source: Lanar, a miner).
- Thel Dendrar, a local woodcarver, stood up to the Redbrands a week and a half ago when they cam by his shop and leered at his wife. The ruffians murdered him. Several townsfolk saw it happen. The Redbrands grabbed his body, and now his wife, daughter, and son have gone missing too (source: Trilena, the innkeeper’s wife).
- Carp Alderleaf said he found a secret tunnel in the woods, but Redbrands almost caught him (source: Pip, the innkeeper’s wife).
- The Redbrands hassle every business in town, except for the Wende Miner’s Exchange. They don’t want trouble with Halia Thornton, who runs it (source: Freda, a weaver).
- The ruffians frequent the Sleeping Giant tap house at the east end of town, and they are troublemakers (source: anyone at the inn).
“Change happens at the frontier.”
Adventure, Quest & Maps: The Lost Mine of the Wendelver Pact